Wednesday 1 June 2011

20th May - The website & the show


Today my website went live and I visited the Business Startup Show at Excel, London. The cost was £31.20, plus £4.40 for coffees with an accountant I had a meeting with.  Mind you, we chatted mainly about finance business so I can allocate that one to the finance business; just the travel amounts to almost a third of my start-up budget so I really need to start recouping some cash!

On a positive note it was a good show, I made some interesting contacts and – best of all – emerged more convinced than ever that my services are valuable and viable.

You will guess from the fact that my website is live that that this one has already had a few twists & turns to get to where I am now. My blog aims to be a warts and all account of the business journey, from  the evolution of the idea, through to it’s execution and taking in false starts and blind alleys as well as successes and celebrations.

The ending is (hopefully!) a long way off, and I hope it will be a happy one – but there are no certainties in businesses – no – not even taxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment